I personally make this regularly, however I use quinoa instead of millet.
Green Powerhouse Pesto Plate
1 cup uncooked millet
1 cup uncooked green lentils
2 medium zucchini, sliced (or vegetable of choice)
3 handfuls spinach
For the pesto:
1/2 large avocado (about 1/3-1/2 cup flesh)
2 small or 1 large garlic cloves
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup water
fine grain sea salt, to taste (I used just over 1/4 tsp)
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 cup lightly packed basil leaves (one entire 40-gram package)
1. Rinse and drain lentils in a fine mesh sieve. Add to a medium pot along with 3 cups of water. Bring to a low boil and then reduce heat to low-medium and simmer uncovered for 25-40 minutes. When lentils are tender, remove from heat and drain water if necessary.
2. At the same time, cook the millet. Rinse and drain in a fine mesh sieve and add to a medium pot. Add 2 cups of water or vegetable broth, bring to a low boil, and reduce heat to low-medium. Cover with tight fitting lid and simmer for about 20-25 minutes or until the water has been absorbed. Remove from heat and leave lid on to steam for another 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
3. Meanwhile, sauté the zucchini in a skillet with a bit of oil, salt, and pepper for about 5-10 minutes, or until much of the water has cooked off. Add a few handfuls of spinach into the skillet and cook until wilted.
4. To prepare the dressing: Add all dressing ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the bowl as necessary. Adjust salt to taste.
5. To assemble: Toss the millet and lentils together in one pot and season with Herbamare and pepper. Portion onto plates followed by the zucchini and spinach mixture. Now spoon on a generous amount of dressing and serve!
Read more here.